[elephant-devel] Interesting result

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Wed Apr 11 12:45:36 UTC 2007

One interesting result from the recent serializer rewrites is that I
was able to open a database in SBCL that was created in Allegro and
read back in strings, symbols, numbers, regular and persistent classes.

I think that SBCL, Allegro, OpenMCL and Lispworks will have
compatible databases for simple ASCII/Latin-1 character sets.  I also
believe that Allegro, OpenMCL and SBCL will be able to share all
unicode strings as well.  (I don't think that Lispworks returns
proper unicode codes).

Does anyone have a solid handle on unicode lisps and the relationship
between Unicode codes and char-code?