[elephant-devel] Some problems installing Elephant

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Mar 2 07:29:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:41:06 -0500 (EST), Ben <ben at medianstrip.net> wrote:

> Allegro 7.0 isn't currently supported yet by us.  If there is enough
> demand we'll port the Allegro 6.2 stuff to it.  Is there a pressing
> need for it?

No.  I guess for Allegro 7.0 the medium-term solution will be to use
AllegroCache (which is also based on SleepyCat):

  <http://home.comcast.net/~bc19191/blog/040916.html>

> In all honestly I don't know.  I work with FreeBSD.  On Fedora
> systems it was necessary to include this library, so I assumed it
> was a linux thing.

OK, I seemingly got no error messages due to this library missing so
maybe it's not needed on Linux.

> I guess the Allegro compiler is more picky than the SBCL one.

I always thought SBCL was especially picky.  However, a warning about
a variable which is used but declared IGNOREd is actually a good
thing... :)

> This one is mind-boggling.  The two tests no-eval-initform and
> update-class should fail, they were fixed in the CVS release.
> However I have never seem arrays-1 fail, unless just about
> everything else does.  The only thing I can imagine is this having
> something to do with upgraded-array-element-types.  Unfortunately I
> haven't tested on Allegro 7.0.

If you need more info let me know - I can run more tests if you want.

> This is also a little perplexing.  Can you provide more details on
> the test failures?  We're running 19a over here and it seems to pass
> the tests, though maybe there are patches you're running we're not?

I'll send a detailed test run later.

Thanks,
Edi.