Script to build ECL for iOS using XCode 10 tools?

PR polos.ruetz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 08:46:35 UTC 2019

On 9/21/19, Marius Gerbershagen <marius.gerbershagen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please confirm that USE_C_COMPATIBLE_VARIADIC_DISPATCH is
> defined while compiling src/c/cfun.d, e.g. by inserting
>
> #ifndef USE_C_COMPATIBLE_VARIADIC_DISPATCH
> #error "undefined"
> #endif

Many thanks Marius, your insight helped a lot! The variadic dispatch
you mentioned is indeed not defined, which is strange, because I
checked if __arm64__ is defined, and it is! (BTW, __arm__ is not
defined).
So, USE_C_COMPATIBLE_VARIADIC_DISPATCH should be defined too,
according to these lines in 'src/c/internal.h':

  #if defined (__arm__) || defined (__arm64__)
  #define USE_UNIFIED_ARGS_PASSING_APPLY
  #define USE_C_COMPATIBLE_VARIADIC_DISPATCH
  #endif

Now, what I did to force variadic dispatching is just commenting out
all occurencies of

  #if defined (USE_C_COMPATIBLE_VARIADIC_DISPATCH)

in the 3 files where I found them, and it worked! 'cl_boot' now
finishes without errors, and a simple 'cl_print' after 'cl_boot'
worked too.
(I also uncommented the 3 lines in 'main.d' which caused the initial
crash, and those also work fine now.)

What remains is to find the reason why
USE_C_COMPATIBLE_VARIADIC_DISPATCH is not defined as it should be.

Thanks again for your help!

Paul