quicklisp without gcc

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Mon Aug 15 16:05:08 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 15 2016, Daniel Kochmański wrote:

> To use the bytecodes compiler (which produces slower code but compiles
> faster), you need to call (ext:install-bytecodes-compiler)

Thanks, that helped. Unfortunately, I get further errors, when installing
or loading systems:

1.) drakma not found:

> (ql:system-apropos "drakma")
#<system drakma / drakma-2.0.2 / quicklisp 2016-06-28>
#<system drakma-async / drakma-async-20151031-git / quicklisp 2016-06-28>
#<system drakma-test / drakma-2.0.2 / quicklisp 2016-06-28>
> (ql:quickload "drakma")

Condition of type: SYSTEM-NOT-FOUND
System "drakma" not found

2.) Debugger received error of type: END-OF-FILE

>> (ql:quickload "cl-json")

Debugger received error of type: END-OF-FILE
Unexpected end of file on #<input stream #P"/opt/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/systems.cdb">.
Error flushed.

3.) Condition of type: END-OF-FILE

> (ql:quickload "cl-json")

Condition of type: END-OF-FILE
Unexpected end of file on #<input stream #P"/opt/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/systems.cdb">.

After removing systems.cdb and/or reinstalling quicklisp, I could
install successfully ironclad and cl-json.

4.) drakma not loading (Cannot modify locked readtable):

>> (ql:quickload "drakma")
To load "drakma":
  Load 1 ASDF system:
    uiop
  Install 16 Quicklisp releases:
[...]
[package puri].....
Debugger received error of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
Cannot modify locked readtable #<readtable 00f1af80>.
Error flushed.

5.) No system can be required:

> (require :drakma)

Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
Module error: Don't know how to REQUIRE DRAKMA.
[...]
>> (require :cl-json)
ASDF could not load cl-json because Unexpected end of file on #<input stream #P"/opt/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/systems.cdb">..

Debugger received error of type: END-OF-FILE
Unexpected end of file on #<input stream #P"/opt/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/systems.cdb">.
Error flushed.
[...]
>> (require :drakma)

Debugger received error of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
Module error: Could not REQUIRE DRAKMA: circularity detected. Please check your configuration.
Error flushed.

The errors change, because sometimes I delete systems.cdb in the hope of
getting better results...

What should I do please, to get a working ECL with drakma, cl-json and
ironclad please? It works well on my desktop computer with the same
version of ECL (git HEAD).

Another note: whenever there are available restarts, there is no
possibility to select one.

TIA for any help,
--
           Peter