quicklisp without gcc

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Mon Aug 15 09:47:44 UTC 2016

Hello,

Peter Münster writes:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to use quicklisp on a mips target without gcc.
>
> Thanks to the howto¹ by Attila Lendvai, I've installed ecl successfully
> on the target (an Asus router), but installing quicklisp fails:

> ; Fetching #<url "http://beta.quicklisp.org/asdf/2.26/asdf.lisp">
> ; 194.07KB
> 198,729 bytes in 0.19 seconds (1016.08KB/sec)
> Condition of type: FILE-ERROR
> Filesystem error with pathname #P"SYS:CMP.NEWEST".
> Either
>  1) the file does not exist, or
>  2) we are not allowed to access the file, or
>  3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link.
>
> Available restarts:
>
> 1. (RESTART-TOPLEVEL) Go back to Top-Level REPL.
>
> Broken at QL-SETUP::ASDF-FASL-PATHNAME. In: #<process TOP-LEVEL>.
>  File: #P"/home/peter/quicklisp/setup.lisp" (Position #0)
>
> How could this problem be solved please?

To use the bytecodes compiler (which produces slower code but compiles
faster), you need to call (ext:install-bytecodes-compiler) . You
probably want to put it at the very top of the .eclrc, maybe even wrap
it in eval-when.

> TIA for any hints,

Best regards,
Daniel

PS: I should probably make it a fallback if the C compiler isn't found.

--
Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Poznań, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi