quicklisp without gcc

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Sun Aug 14 21:44:56 UTC 2016

Hello,

I would like to use quicklisp on a mips target without gcc.

Thanks to the howto¹ by Attila Lendvai, I've installed ecl successfully
on the target (an Asus router), but installing quicklisp fails:

; Fetching #<url "http://beta.quicklisp.org/asdf/2.26/asdf.lisp">
; 194.07KB
198,729 bytes in 0.19 seconds (1016.08KB/sec)
Condition of type: FILE-ERROR
Filesystem error with pathname #P"SYS:CMP.NEWEST".
Either
 1) the file does not exist, or
 2) we are not allowed to access the file, or
 3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link.

Available restarts:

1. (RESTART-TOPLEVEL) Go back to Top-Level REPL.

Broken at QL-SETUP::ASDF-FASL-PATHNAME. In: #<process TOP-LEVEL>.
 File: #P"/home/peter/quicklisp/setup.lisp" (Position #0)

How could this problem be solved please?

TIA for any hints,
--
           Peter

¹ https://www.mail-archive.com/ecl-devel@common-lisp.net/msg00033.html