[Ecls-list] [maintainership]

Daniel Kochmański jackdaniel at hellsgate.pl
Mon Feb 16 18:30:31 UTC 2015

Hello,

Evrim Ulu writes:

> Count me in too,

that's great :-)

> I've started fixing the autoconf script, i'll try to merge Sylvain's
> patches into the repo.

I tried to consult patch-queue, to check, if you refer some of patches
there, but SourceForge seems down. What patches do you have in mind?

> Feel free to join at
>
> https://github.com/evrim/ecl-mobile/branches
>
> I'm working on mobile branch but its obvious that i need to fix
> generic things first.
>

> evrim.
>
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 7:15 AM, Hernan Ezequiel Di Giorgi
> <hernan.digiorgi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I definitively want to help. I tried to port the ECL build system in the
>> past to CMAKE, but i drop it. Also i create a nice repl with ECL for
>> android, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ar.com.playnu.clrepl.
>> I programmed all my life as programmer in C and C++.

That's good news. Compilation guide for ECL against bionic would be nice
thing. If it's free software, you could put clrepl it on FreeDroid
repository as well.
>> I studied the source the last month, so i could be ready to help.
>>
>> About the point 2.
>> Why not github? Is seems more social and popular.

I'm more into gitorious, since it more focuses on projects, not on
people, but I have no problem with github as well. Github better exposes
issues interface and fork/merge utilities, so after short
reconsideration I think it's better idea.
>> And no separate the libffi, gmp, and leave them to can get only one shared
>> library when compiling, what is specially nice when working with android.

I'm not sure, what do you mean? It would be no functionality split, but
rather separation of different projects.
>> (:

>>> Hi Juanjo,
>>> I think we would need a well-organized document (including examples) to
>>> make others know ECL well.
>>> I can help to translate the documents into Chinese :)
>>> Best
>>> Z.Shang

Thank you, I'll drop you an e-mail in a few days with update.

Your help is appreciated and welcome.

I think it is best to wait until Saturday to gather more opinions and
discuss whole thing.

Best regards,
Daniel