[Ecls-list] How to Link SB-BSD-SOCKETS into Stand-Alone Program

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Tue Jun 17 04:03:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 23:43:15 -0400
Jimmy Lu <gongchuo.lu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I sequestered SB-BSD-SOCKETS and it still did not work.  It seems more
> of an ECL problem, failing to recognize SB-BSD-SOCKETS as a dependency
> and link it into the standalone program, or there is something I am
> missing to make ECL recognize it as a dependency.  The code works well
> when being load in an existing REPL but does not work when using
> ASDF:MAKE-BUILD to compile it down to C code.

I have some ECL-built standalone software using SB-BSD-SOCKETS but it's
not statically built, and not built using ASDF; those programs use for
instance:

(eval-when (:compile-toplevel :load-toplevel)
  (require :sb-bsd-sockets))

Such code is found below, with its make file:
http://cvs.pulsar-zone.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/mmondor/mmsoftware/cl/server/
--
Matt