[Ecls-list] Segfault in windows using cl-async

Andrew Lyon orthecreedence at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 18:19:00 UTC 2014

Hello all. I'm the author of cl-async (
https://github.com/orthecreedence/cl-async) and I'm getting segfaults when
using it in Windows with ECL (Windows 7 x64, ECL git (52bbd351500), libffi
3.0.11, libevent 2.0.21, all compiled via 32bit MinGW gcc 4.8.1. I'm using
ECL's c compiler for everything (same mingw).

Everything compiles and runs fine, until I do anything with socket IO, then
I get a segfault.

See https://gist.github.com/orthecreedence/a2b666419fe220bfae31 (backtrace
in comments)

I believe this *may* be related to a bug I reported a while back (
https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/bugs/204/) because the backtrace on the
segfault is completely empty (like in the bug). However it's off that some
callbacks work and others don't because they all make use of arguments.

Instead of just whining and hoping someone fixes it, I'd like to jump in
and give it a shot myself (unless it's a quick fix that someone can make
easily). I've been meaning to get to know ECL better because I'm trying to
use it for a largish project and I think knowing the internals better would
help me out. I'd also like to eventually get to the point where I can help
out with various contributions when I have time. I'm ok with C but have
never touched a compiler before, so any sort of guidance I can get on
solving this issue would be great.

Thanks!