[Ecls-list] How to wrap C++ classes using ECLs foreign function interface?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 03:05:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Dietrich Bollmann
<dietrich at formgames.org>wrote:

> So concerning the simple C++ example I gave before in this thread, which
> FFI version do you advice me to use? Which one is easier to use for
> wrapping a whole C++ API?

ECL's with embedded C++ code.

> Which one would result in the faster code?

Definitely embedding C++ code because the CFFI/UFFI wrappers are not always
optimal.

Blender 3D generates their Python API mostly automatically from the C and
> C++ sources.  Is something like this thinkable with ECL?

I do not know how Blender does it. Even the most sophisticated approach
discussed here in the mailing list and based on Boost's template library
for Python demands hand-writing the wrapper declarations.