[Ecls-list] ECL as an embedded language on an Android game

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 21:38:09 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Yuri Albuquerque <yuridenommus at gmail.com>wrote:

> > LGPL version 2 only has one complication: it forces you to redistribute
> the binaries to the people that buy your software. In what sense is this
> much more complex?
>
> Yes, because I'm talking about something that will be deployed as a mere
> APK.
>
> The license is old and only contemplated traditional software distribution
models, which is why v3 came out.The spirit of the license is that you do
not need to distribute those binaries with your APK: you simply have to
provide the users with a way to get those binaries. A link to a web where
they can download them, for instance, would be ok, provided that the users
are shown that option. A menu option with the license is also needed, but
this may be part of the credits.