[Ecls-list] ECL as an embedded language on an Android game

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 10:19:41 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Pascal J. Bourguignon <
pjb at informatimago.com> wrote:

> You can use a static LGPL library, as long as you provide your
> proprietary .o, and the Makefile to link them with a substituted static
> library (used modified or different implementation).

I agree with this: you basically have to offer another static library that
can be linked against a newer version of ECL. In practice, nobody will, and
this license is a remnant of old times which I cannot change due to former
authors and contributors.