[Ecls-list] ECL performance with respect to OpenAxiom

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Tue Oct 30 10:01:01 UTC 2012

Hi Juanjo,

I've reported, on several occasions, in the past that
an ECL-based build of OpenAxiom takes a very long time
(usually over 2 or 4 hours.)   Well, with current CVS
mainline, ECL builds OpenAxiom about 20min on my machine.
It could be argued that it is just a better machine, but on the
same machine SBCL takes approximately the same time.
So, whatever you've done lately, that was great!  (Is it because
of better IO or GC implementation?)  I thought I should
report that impressive improvement :-)

Now, if only debugging with ECL could be just as pleasant
as with SBCL... ;-)

-- Gaby