[Ecls-list] Can we remove asdf-ecl ?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:00:37 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:03 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> A shorter README explaining that asdf.lisp is from asdf (with URL)
> and the other files from asdf-bundle (with URL), would also be nice.
> http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/
> http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/asdf/asdf-bundle.git

I am preserving the README from asdf (updated to the latest version) and
README.ECL will be simply upgraded to reflect the fact that we use a
different ASDF repository and that the other files are part of asdf-bundle.
This is the text as it is being committed right now:

The copies of asdf.lisp and README in this directory are complete and
unchanged from the canonical common-lisp.net repository.  They may
lag the git version by a few revisions (but shouldn't usually) but
unless we've fouled up horribly, are not forked.

The remaining files are part of asdf-bundle, a subproject from ASDF
which, building on the ideas from asdf-ecl, offers the possibility
of building standalone applications, joining FASL files, etc. The
canonical repo for asdf-bundle so far is
git://common-lisp.net/projects/asdf/asdf-bundle.git
and it does not have a webpage yet.

The file asdf-ecl.lisp is kept for historical purposes as a reference, but
its functionality has been superseded by asdf-bundle.