[Ecls-list] Can we remove asdf-ecl ?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 04:03:51 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Juanjo,
>
> I believe that asdf-ecl can be removed, since whatever code wasn't
> moved to asdf.lisp has been superseded by asdf-bundle's ecl.lisp (now
> packaged with ecl).

I see that it was already removed from compile.lsp.in;
the file may be safely removed from git.
The README and README.ECL files in contrib/asdf/ are also obsolete,
and should probably be removed, too.

A shorter README explaining that asdf.lisp is from asdf (with URL)
and the other files from asdf-bundle (with URL), would also be nice.
http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/
http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/asdf/asdf-bundle.git

As we have recently seen, the function of the anti-trust laws is to protect
the poor little fellow with a mere $5 billion from being bullied by the big
guy with $50 billion.  — John McCarthy