[Ecls-list] Cannot print object #<SWANK-BACKEND package> readably

Ram Krishnan kriyative at gmail.com
Mon May 30 16:08:19 UTC 2011

One piece of context here is that the embedded ECL that Terje is using in the iPhone Simulator build (or an iPhone device build) doesn't have the regular compiler, only the bytecode compiler. I tried a quick test with the attached patch on swank-loader.lisp (CVS HEAD), which changes the swank-loader to simply load the swank packages instead of compile/loading them and it works around the "Cannot print object readably" error.

It's possible this issue is isolated to situations where only the bytecode compiler is active.

Cheers,

-ram