[Ecls-list] Cannot print object #<SWANK-BACKEND package> readably

Terje Norderhaug terje at in-progress.com
Mon May 30 08:58:47 UTC 2011

On May 29, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Terje Norderhaug <terje at in-progress.com> wrote:
> Anybody working on a patch for the problem in ECL 11.1.1 reporting "Cannot print object #<SWANK-BACKEND package> readably"?
>
> Yes, basically the same person who is working on all other ECL issues :-) One step at a time (it took me quite long to sort out all the cygwin problems until I produced two bug reports today for the cygwin project)

I did additional testing to determine how the code in Swank affected the problem. The error happens during in the call (compile-file src :output-file dest :print nil :verbose nil) in a file loaded into an ECL runtime either on the device (iPad) or a device simulator on a Mac. Even the simplest (defpackage :foo) form in the beginning of the file to be compiled provokes the error. Binding *print-readably* NIL before compile-file makes no difference.

-- Terje Norderhaug
   terje at in-progress.com