[Ecls-list] INLINE now works

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 18 20:04:48 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 8:33 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <
juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  Is inlining also possible for setf functions?
>>

> Good question... Actually it does not work, but because of a stupid bug
> that also prevents the compiler from analyzing any kind of compiler macro
> for SETF forms. Will fix it later on.

Thanks a lot for pointing out this stupid mistake, Matthew. I fixed the
code and now SETF function names undergo the same compilation steps as
ordinary functions. This means compiler macros and inlining works for them;
so does inlining of slot accessors in sealed classes, which adds another
10% speed up in PPRINT, bringing the FPRINT/PRETTY microbenchmark to 20% of
the original times :-)