[Ecls-list] Important changes in the tests

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:22:16 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Matthew Mondor
<mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> I have built it, but unfortunately there is no "check" target in the
> top-level Makefile, and I could only find an unprocessed Makefile.in in
> src/tests/ (no Makefile).

Sorry, I added the "make check" target to src/Makefile.in which gets
transformed into build/Makefile, but I forgot to add it also to the
toplevel Makefile (fixed now in git). The tests get copied into
build/tests/ and they are run there, not in src/tests/ I hope this
clarifies it a bit more.

The confusion arose because I rarely build ECL in its source directory. My
typical setup is as I mentioned before: I create an empty build directory
_anywhere_ and run "ecl/src/configure" from there. All the targets (make,
make install, make check...) become available in that directory.