[Ecls-list] Important changes in the tests

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sat Dec 10 01:02:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 00:22:16 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Matthew Mondor
> <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:
>
> > I have built it, but unfortunately there is no "check" target in the
> > top-level Makefile, and I could only find an unprocessed Makefile.in in
> > src/tests/ (no Makefile).
> >

> Sorry, I added the "make check" target to src/Makefile.in which gets
> transformed into build/Makefile, but I forgot to add it also to the
> toplevel Makefile (fixed now in git). The tests get copied into
> build/tests/ and they are run there, not in src/tests/ I hope this
> clarifies it a bit more.

I noticed that it is expected that ecl be in PATH.  This is probably
also why you recommend to install before running the tests; as
otherwise a previous ecl under PATH could be used instead of the
recently built one.  Thus, to avoid replacing my existing ecl install,
if I want to first run the tests I have to first build and install
using a temporary prefix, and use a temporary PATH.

At first I tried fiddling with the ECL= line in Makefile, but despite
that ansi.log for instance only contained:
exec: No such file or directory.

Other than that, it works fine, thanks a lot for your help.

> The confusion arose because I rarely build ECL in its source directory. My
> typical setup is as I mentioned before: I create an empty build directory
> _anywhere_ and run "ecl/src/configure" from there. All the targets (make,
> make install, make check...) become available in that directory.

Makes a lot of sense.
--
Matt