[Ecls-list] Compile under OS X 10.7

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 21 17:58:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 4:42 AM, Ron Thomas <the.ront at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to build ECL under OS X 10.7 and I have been
> running into trouble. When I try building it I end up getting a
> segfault on the ecl_min stage (similar to the one that Mike sent an
> email out at the end of July).

There are a variety of problems. When ECL is built with gcc it uses a jump
table to optimize the compiler. See for instance
http://www.usenix.org/event/jvm01/gagnon/gagnon_html/node4.html
Now Apple is using LLVM as the internal compiler for GCC and ECL insists on
using it but llvm fails to compile to code properly.

Once this table is removed, though, other problems persist, but are
difficult to track -- not reproducible inside the debugger :-/ Will keep
investigating.