[Ecls-list] Compile under OS X 10.7

Ron Thomas the.ront at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 02:42:57 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have been trying to build ECL under OS X 10.7 and I have been
running into trouble. When I try building it I end up getting a
segfault on the ecl_min stage (similar to the one that Mike sent an
email out at the end of July).

I configure with the following line:
./configure --build=x86_64 --target=x86_64 --prefix=`pwd`/install_ecl
CC=/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2

And the compile fails with:
if [ -f CROSS-COMPILER ]; then \
		./CROSS-COMPILER compile; \
	else \
		ECLDIR=`pwd`/ ./ecl_min compile; \
	fi
/bin/sh: line 1: 17433 Segmentation fault: 11  ECLDIR=`pwd`/ ./ecl_min compile

I have tried building gmp and boehm-gc externally and not using the
included ones, but unfortunately it ended up with the same results. I
have also tried the default llvm-gcc without much luck either.

Any suggestions on what I can try to get it to compile?

Thanks,
Ron