[Ecls-list] Need help compiling ECL 10.4.1 (32-bit) on Win7 64-bit via mingw32/msys

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Fri Oct 29 20:28:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Marko Kocić <marko.kocic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wanted to ask the same question, but you beat me to it :)
> I'm using mingw64, Win7 64, similar to you.

I have been using mingw64, windows 7 64-bit, and I have not been able
build full ECL.  However, I can build ecl_min.exe, but it crashes when
executed.

> I can build gc-7.2-alpha-4 as both 32 and 64 bit, by setting CFLAGS="-mXX" flag.
> The problem is that gmp on windows could be compiled only as -m32. I
> tried gmp-4.3.2 and gmp-5.0.1 and latest mipr and I was able to
> compile them only with -m32.
> (Does anyone knows gmp compatible lib that can be used instead of gmp on win64?)

That is weird.  I am able to build both GC and GMP as 64-bit libraries.
Make sure that you're using the mingw64/GCC version that defaults to 64-bit.
(they distribute two sets of compilers with different default.)

-- Gaby