[Ecls-list] Need help compiling ECL 10.4.1 (32-bit) on Win7 64-bit via mingw32/msys

Marko Kocić marko.kocic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 20:32:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis
<gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Marko Kocić <marko.kocic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just wanted to ask the same question, but you beat me to it :)
>> I'm using mingw64, Win7 64, similar to you.
>
> I have been using mingw64, windows 7 64-bit, and I have not been able
> build full ECL.  However, I can build ecl_min.exe, but it crashes when
> executed.
>

>> I can build gc-7.2-alpha-4 as both 32 and 64 bit, by setting CFLAGS="-mXX" flag.
>> The problem is that gmp on windows could be compiled only as -m32. I
>> tried gmp-4.3.2 and gmp-5.0.1 and latest mipr and I was able to
>> compile them only with -m32.
>> (Does anyone knows gmp compatible lib that can be used instead of gmp on win64?)
>
> That is weird.  I am able to build both GC and GMP as 64-bit libraries.
> Make sure that you're using the mingw64/GCC version that defaults to 64-bit.
> (they distribute two sets of compilers with different default.)

Which version of GMP you compiled as 64bit, and which MingW
distribuition you use? Mine defaults to 64, but when building gmp it
builds only 32 bit version, and fail when I try to set ABI=64 or -m64.
I cnn't check which mingw64 distribution I was using right now, but
think it was the one fro tdragon (or something).