[Ecls-list] Need help compiling ECL 10.4.1 (32-bit) on Win7 64-bit via mingw32/msys

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Fri Oct 29 20:48:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I did not find such a thing. All I found were several mingw64 packages and
> various naming conventions for them, no msys and thus no apparent support
> for Unix-like builds and an overall lack of instructions. It was pretty
> frustrating and I gave up at some point, installing mingw32+msys, which I
> knew how to find.

1. Install msys as usual (yes 32-bit, there is no 64-bit at the
moment, and that won't
   happen anytime soon.)  It works perfectly for both 32-bit and 64-bit.

2. Download and install mingw64 -- use the automated installation (anything else
    is a nightmare, at least from my perspective.)

         http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/download

    There are two versions: (a) one that defaults to 32-bit, but can
also generate code on demand;
     (b) one that defaults to 64-bit, but can generate 32-bit on demand.
    I use the latter.

3. You should be good to go.

-- Gaby