[Ecls-list] fatal: relocation errors on Solaris x86 and OpenSolaris 64-bit.

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Tue Nov 9 01:15:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kirkby at onetel.net> wrote:

> I assumed the fact the Sun compiler was compiling this without problems,
> that the code was standard C, but I take your word for the fact the bit of
> code is not. I don't actually know precisely the bit of affected code, so I
> was unaware it was not C.

The technique is simple: store `addresses' of labels in a table, and jump
to the entries as appropriate.  The only snag is that `address of label' is
inexistent in standard C.

For more information about the extension in GCC, see:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.5.1/gcc/Labels-as-Values.html#Labels-as-Values

-- Gaby