[Ecls-list] make-build vs. xlib

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 10 08:05:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Julian Stecklina <js at alien8.de> wrote:

> If I load the system on the REPL, everything works as expected and the
> PRINT prints #<"XLIB" package>. If I compile foo to a standalone binary
> using (asdf:make-build 'foo :type :program), I get NIL, i.e. the XLIB
> module is missing from the binary.

This has nothing to do with XLIB per se. The problem is simply that
precompiled modules (xlib, asdf, etc) can not be included in standalone
binaries. That requires a bit more hacking of ASDF than is currently done,
as well as changing the build process to install statically linked versions
of those modules.