[Ecls-list] make-build vs. xlib

Julian Stecklina js at alien8.de
Tue Mar 9 23:25:49 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am currently trying to get stumpwm working on ECL (again) and hit the
following issue. I have a system that depends on CLX:

;;; foo.asd
(asdf:defsystem :foo
    :depends-on (:clx)
    :components ((:file "bar")))

and a corresponding source file:
;;; bar.lisp
(print (package "XLIB"))

If I load the system on the REPL, everything works as expected and the
PRINT prints #<"XLIB" package>. If I compile foo to a standalone binary
using (asdf:make-build 'foo :type :program), I get NIL, i.e. the XLIB
module is missing from the binary.

I am using ECL 10.3.1 with builtin CLX on Gentoo.

And btw, is there a good way to get the filename of the generated
binary?

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners - Ernst Jan Plugge