[Ecls-list] Slime & ECL: next test round

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Fri Mar 5 11:11:57 UTC 2010

Ok, ECL should now be nicely usable with Slime. I disabled using threads
because of thread unsafety in ECL's compiler, and perhaps also CLOS
implementation. Instead we use select() based polling. I.e. no segfaults
anymore.

Most cool feature: M-. into the C-source code. As that's based on TAGS
file M-. and M-* will continue to work once you're inside a .c
file. (Only works when ECL was built on platforms/systems with the
`etags' command available.)

To quote hefner: "Wow this feels like a real Lisp implementation now"

Hopefully as browsing ECL's source base is now a breeze, this will make
it easier for people to contribute to ECL in the future.

Give it a try.

  -T.