[Ecls-list] cl_boot crash

John DeSoi desoi at pgedit.com
Sat Jul 31 18:44:58 UTC 2010

Hi Juanjo,

Thanks so much for your help so far. I think we are almost there. I would have never figured it out :).

On Jul 31, 2010, at 10:32 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

> Finally, to shut down the plugin one needs some mechanism to communicate it to the thread that it should stop. I used locks, but this is a hack: you will need something better.

Yes, there seems to be one issue remaining. If you start the 4D application and attempt to quit (just from the Finder, not using GDB), then 4D hangs. It has to be killed using the dock menu or process manager.

I'll post what you have so far to the 4D plugins mailing list. Maybe we can get some further help on the best approach.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.