[Ecls-list] cl_boot crash

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 31 21:49:16 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 8:44 PM, John DeSoi <desoi at pgedit.com> wrote:

> Thanks so much for your help so far. I think we are almost there. I would
> have never figured it out :).

I must say I thought all the time that the cause was related to the use of
secondary threads for the plugin: it is the most fragile and least develop
part of the garbage collector, at least the version we are shipping with
ECL.

> Yes, there seems to be one issue remaining. If you start the 4D application
> and attempt to quit (just from the Finder, not using GDB), then 4D hangs. It
> has to be killed using the dock menu or process manager.

Here I cannot help, but I see the same problem when I remove all code
related to ECL.