[Ecls-list] cl_boot crash

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 31 14:49:51 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <
juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> In your case ECL is initialized from a secondary thread, because this is a
> GUI, and the garbage collector fails to recognize the limits of the stack.
> Furthermore, the thread in which it is initialized, is not known to the
> garbage collector, for it has not been registered with it.

AFAIK, the problem with a wrong value for GC_stackbottom has only shown up
in OS X, for which this fix has been produced. However, it may make sense to
develop this  or a similar plugin mechanism that we can ship with ecl
(something like cl_boot_plugin() / cl_shutdown_plugin() encapsulating the
appropriate code). Volunteers and testers?

Juanjoe