[Ecls-list] Recursive mutex and condition variable

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sun Feb 28 08:30:29 UTC 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:39:45 -0600
Yue Li <xyly781 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm currently trying to use the multithreading library, and I need
> synchronization facilities such as recursive mutex lock, and condition
> variable. As I read the ECL's documentation, only non-recursive mutex
> is documented there. I suspect the documentation of ECL is out of
> date. Here may I ask whether there are recursive mutex lock and
> condition variable implemented somewhere in ECL? And I would
> appreciate if the documentation on multithreading could be updated.

Oh, I forgot, and the condition variables:

make-condition-variable
condition-variable-signal condvar
condition-variable-broadcast condvar
condition-variable-wait condvar
condition-variable-timedwait condvar seconds

There doesn't seem to be an option to use a recursive condition
variable internal lock, but this API sits on top of the pthread one and
generally a mutex/lock is used in combination with them, which could be
recursive.  It seems that condition variables are not currently
available on Windows.
--
Matt