[Ecls-list] Recursive mutex and condition variable

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sun Feb 28 08:09:57 UTC 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:39:45 -0600
Yue Li <xyly781 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm currently trying to use the multithreading library, and I need
> synchronization facilities such as recursive mutex lock, and condition
> variable. As I read the ECL's documentation, only non-recursive mutex
> is documented there. I suspect the documentation of ECL is out of
> date. Here may I ask whether there are recursive mutex lock and
> condition variable implemented somewhere in ECL? And I would
> appreciate if the documentation on multithreading could be updated.

I'm not sure if Juanjo is immediately available (if I remember he
previously wrote about a conference he had to attend).

I agree that the documentation needs to be updated on various aspects,
including the threads API.

Meanwhile, by looking at src/c/threads_mutex.d, it seems that MAKE-LOCK
supports the :RECURSIVE key which if T should create a recursive mutex.

Thanks,
--
Matt