[Ecls-list] "In function TEST, checking types of arguments FN."

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 7 20:07:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de>wrote:

> Well, it's a question of sensible default values. At the moment,
> compilation results in quite some amount of noise with questionable use
> -- making actual user mistakes hard to spot.

Right now ECL depends on external programs and takes compilation choices
that may not be obvious to the user.

Besides this, when somebody reports an error I need the information that
compiler notes are producing. It is not just once that I saw the gcc flags
being wrong, the safety settings being too high, or other optimization notes
being produced which may give a hint about a problem.

In your case you only care about errors, and that is ok, then just bind
C::*SUPPRESS-COMPILER-NOTES* to T and go ahead. You should only see the
information about toplevel forms that mandates the ANSI specification,
together with errors and warnings.