[Ecls-list] ? the proper arguments to load ASDF:MAKE-BUILD's .fasb output

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 7 18:39:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:10 PM, james anderson <james.anderson at setf.de>wrote:

> i observe that, independent of the file name and type of the pathname
> passed to make-build, the result file is typed "fasb" and the name is that
> of the system.

There is a simple reason for this: "fasb" and "fas" files are created by
ASDF in the same directory. If we want to avoid collisions it is good to
keep the names different for different targets.

> is it correct, that the "fasb" type is required in order to load it? is
> there an alternative to the '-load' indicator which works for files with
> other types?

If ASDF is not loaded, ECL will not understand that extension but this can
be changed easily

(push '("fasb" . si::load-binary) si::*load-hooks*)

Another alternative is to rename it. I think I will add the previous line to
the core, now that this ASDF extension is consolidated as useful and
working.

http://tream.dreamhosters.com