[Ecls-list] Once again: boehmgc vs. ECL on MinGW

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Fri Apr 2 16:38:02 UTC 2010

Good day folks,

A year have passed and I'm updating to newer ECL on MinGW.

I have eventually figured out that one way to make ECL's
configure to pick up system's boehmgc is to install the latter
into /usr.

Now, could I have avoided figuring this somewhat obscure implication out?

I looked at configure's --help output, and it has a section about
--x-libraries and --x-includes.  This didn't work for X being 'boehm'.

Neither was there a dedicated --with-boehm-prefix, like there
was for gmp.

Also, neither a look at relevant sections in the FAQ did help, nor
did xapian+notmuch-powered search through ecls-list reveal much.

In the end, I think this deserves to be mentioned in a somewhat
more obvious place.

Or maybe I missed something?

--
regards,