[Ecls-list] Symbolic LInks in Windows Vista?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 12 21:21:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Claus Brod <claus.brod at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Status update: In the meantime, I've had a chance to review the ECL code.
> Turns out there is support for symbolic links already, but only for
> POSIX-ish platforms which provide readlink(), not for the Windows version.
> I've added some shortcut resolution code and got (probe-file), (open) and
> (truename) working, kind of, and now need to find out what to do for load.

That's great! The problem with LOAD is trivial: supply a new loading
routine, adding the suffix .lnk as a valid source file. The routine
should test whether that is really a symbolic link and load the
destination.

I am sorry I could not contribute to this, but I am not an expert on
Windows programming.