[Ecls-list] Symbolic LInks in Windows Vista?

Claus Brod claus.brod at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 12 14:59:40 UTC 2009

> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Seth Burleigh <seth at tewebs.com> wrote:
>
>>  Thanks! It has now found the link with the .lnk ending. However, now it
>> throws an error when I
>>
>> (load “C:/Seth/random/libcl/_asdf/cl-markdown.asd.lnk”) à
>>
>> Reader error in file #<input stream….> , position 2:
>>
>  Also, though I’m new at this, is it not true the truename should return
>> the resolved symbolic link path?

Status update: In the meantime, I've had a chance to review the ECL code.
Turns out there is support for symbolic links already, but only for
POSIX-ish platforms which provide readlink(), not for the Windows version.

I've added some shortcut resolution code and got (probe-file), (open) and
(truename) working, kind of, and now need to find out what to do for load.

  Claus