[Ecls-list] Symbolic LInks in Windows Vista?

Claus Brod claus.brod at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:28:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Seth Burleigh <seth at tewebs.com> wrote:

>  Thanks! It has now found the link with the .lnk ending. However, now it
> throws an error when I
>
> (load “C:/Seth/random/libcl/_asdf/cl-markdown.asd.lnk”) à
>

> Reader error in file #<input stream….> , position 2:
>
> Found invalid character Nul
>
> Error flushed
>

> Also, though I’m new at this, is it not true the truename should return the
> resolved symbolic link path?

If ECL had support for Windows shortcuts, that's what it could do, indeed.

I downloaded a current git clone of the ECL sources this morning at home, to
see how difficult it'd be to add this kind of support. More when I've had
some time to review the code. (But then, I guess juanjo will beat me to the
punch anyway 8-) )

Claus