[Ecls-list] Some new issues with building on Solaris 8

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 9 07:43:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:51 AM, Raymond Toy<toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have now updated to the CVS sources again  [...] make fails with the error:
> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "tmp-add_n.s", line 69: error: cannot use v8plus
> instructions in a non-v8plus target binary
>
> I guess this means that configuring gmp set some flags but the computed
> flags aren't getting set correctly.  I'm pretty sure with the previous
> build the flag that enables v8plus instructions was set.

Could you try with today's autoconf? I have not changed much in the
GMP configuration process: just explicitely passing whatever value ABI
takes, together with CFLAGS, CC, LDFLAGS, etc.

If it does not work, I would like to get by private email the
build/gmp/config.log, build/gmp/config.status and the output of the
configuration program. It would be nice if you could also send me
those of a previous build that works, if possible.