[Ecls-list] Some new issues with building on Solaris 8

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 00:26:35 UTC 2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:51 AM, Raymond Toy<toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have now updated to the CVS sources again  [...] make fails with the error:
>> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "tmp-add_n.s", line 69: error: cannot use v8plus
>> instructions in a non-v8plus target binary
>>
>> I guess this means that configuring gmp set some flags but the computed
>> flags aren't getting set correctly.  I'm pretty sure with the previous
>> build the flag that enables v8plus instructions was set.
>>

> Could you try with today's autoconf? I have not changed much in the
> GMP configuration process: just explicitely passing whatever value ABI
> takes, together with CFLAGS, CC, LDFLAGS, etc.

I tried today's CVS code.  The signbit/ECL_SIGNED_ZERO bug is kind of
fixed, except that you entered a newline between \ and ECL_SIGNED_ZERO:

#   ifdef HAVE_COPYSIGN
#    define signbit(x) (copysign(1.0,(x)) < 0)
#   else
     /* Fall back to no signed zero */
#    undef \
     ECL_SIGNED_ZERO
#    define signbit(x) ((x) < 0)
#   endif

> If it does not work, I would like to get by private email the
> build/gmp/config.log, build/gmp/config.status and the output of the
> configuration program. It would be nice if you could also send me
> those of a previous build that works, if possible.

I'll send those privately.  Unfortunately, I can't send you the working
version because I overwrote them when I updated because I wasn't
expecting any problems. :-(

If you really need the working version, I'll have to do a little CVS
time travel to get them.

Ray