[Ecls-list] Some new issues with building on Solaris 8

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 00:51:46 UTC 2009

I tried building the latest CVS version on Solaris 8.  Previously, 9.8.4
failed to configure because of a typo in aclocal.m4.  After fixing that,
it fails because HAVE_COPYSIGN isn't defined.  Manually defining that in
config.h makes ecl build nicely.

I have now updated to the CVS sources again  The previous issues are
gone now: the typo is gone and configure correctly defines
HAVE_COPYSIGN.  But now make fails with the error:

 gcc -fPIC -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I/share/src/sourceforge/ecl/src/gmp/mpn -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP
-I/share/src/sourceforge/ecl/src/gmp -DOPERATION_add_n -g -O2 -fPIC
tmp-add_n.s -fPIC -DPIC -o add_n.o
/usr/ccs/bin/as: "tmp-add_n.s", line 69: error: cannot use v8plus
instructions in a non-v8plus target binary

I guess this means that configuring gmp set some flags but the computed
flags aren't getting set correctly.  I'm pretty sure with the previous
build the flag that enables v8plus instructions was set.

For the record I used the same command to configure and build:

buildir=build-sparc configure --enable-unicode --enable-rpath
--enable-slow-config ABI=32

Ray