[Ecls-list] ECL build issues on Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:55:02 UTC 2009

This shows a list of machines in which ECL is being regularly built.
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs.html
One of the regular builds indeed comes from a machine donated by Sun
to the Sage project.

I must say all progress in the Solaris camp has been done thanks to
Dave's kind contribution, both in software and in time devoted to
install, configure and test ECL in those and other machines.

Besides this, please note that regular builds are only done using the
GNU compiler toolchain, for this is the desired configuration of the
Sage project. I personally have no license of Sun's developer tools.

In particular, the errors that have been shown should have been fixed.
In the last days I have contributed new code to the repositories. This
code is the one used to do the regular builds and it seems it did not
break anything.

As for the stability of the current source tree, right now all ports
seem to be building properly. I already noted the problems with
multithreaded builds in the FreeBSD, NetBSD and Mingw32 ports. These
problems will have to wait for another release, which should integrate
a more recent version of the garbage collector.

In any case, I will produce a new release today or tomorrow, unless
somebody speaks against it.