[Ecls-list] About regression tests and libraries

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:50:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Elliott
Slaughter<elliottslaughter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure that being
> able to run these libraries on one platform implies that they can be run on
> all platforms.

You also have to understand that it is not _my_ task or _my_ goal to
verify that libraries work on all platforms with ECL. This is actually
an effort that should be made by library developers, though
unfortunately it is not done.

The library testing setup is done more to verify that changes in ECL
do not break significantly a large amount of software, as a kind of
regression test for _myself_ and for other developers.