[Ecls-list] Patch: drop arg markers when propagating types

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 1 19:04:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Josh Elsasser <josh at elsasser.org> wrote:
> When retrieving a function's proclaimed argument types, the argument
> markers such as &optional and &key are included, as well as any
> following types.  The following patch stops processing at the first
> marker.

Thanks a lot for pointing out this problem! However, instead of
dropping these markers I have fixed the two functions that use these
types: PROPAGATE-TYPES and GET-PROCLAIMED-NARG. In particular, the
last function would not give the right results, neither before the fix
nor if we dropped the markers. As an addition, using the marker types
allows us to detect when a form passes too many or too few arguments
to a proclaimed function.

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)