[Ecls-list] Patch: macro expansion when expanding a setf form

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:05:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:59 PM, Josh Elsasser <josh at elsasser.org> wrote:
> The example from the hyperspec is misleading here since the lastguy
> macro expands to (car ...), which already has it's own setf expander.
> Here's the code I was using to test with: [...]

The issue was a bit more general. ANSI 5.1.2.7 states that when passed
a macro place, SETF has to expand it using MACROEXPAND-1. This way any
setf expander or any other hook that applies can be used with the
intermediate form. I have committed your patch.

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)