[Ecls-list] Binary sock I/O.

David Brown lisp at davidb.org
Wed Oct 15 05:52:09 UTC 2008

I'm trying to port some code to ECL that uses sockets to communicate
binary data.  Neither the tiny little tcp.d, nor the contrib sockets
code seems to be able to handle this.

The problem seems to be that ecl_make_stream_from_fd always makes
character streams.  In fact the only way it seems to be able to get a
binary stream is with 'open' directly.

Any suggestions?  I've tried just calling the code anyway, but I don't
seem to be getting proper data across.  Since there isn't a very fast
path for write-sequence anyway, I might end up having to write
directly to the FD.

Thanks,
David