[Ecls-list] Binary sock I/O.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 15 06:04:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:52 AM, David Brown <lisp at davidb.org> wrote:
> The problem seems to be that ecl_make_stream_from_fd always makes
> character streams.  In fact the only way it seems to be able to get a
> binary stream is with 'open' directly.

This week I and the next one I will be upgrading the streams code to
work with POSIX file handlers. In the mean time you may either tweak
the code in file.d or copy-paste and and make your own routine.
Actually I do not understand why I did not use binary mode, since it
is used elsewhere in ECL.

Juanjo

cl_object
ecl_make_binary_stream_from_fd(cl_object fname, int fd, enum ecl_smmode smm)
{
	char *mode;			/* file open mode */
	FILE *fp;			/* file pointer */

	switch(smm) {