[Ecls-list] common-lisp.net down again

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 23 14:11:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't there someone at common-lisp.net that
> we can contact to see what's going on? Maybe that is just wishful
> thinking, I dunno.

Actually, things were fixed a quarter of an hour ago, or so.

Things are I have my own server in dreamhost, but there I can only
have a Subversion and GIT repositories and it would be problematic to
provide accounts for people to commit things themselves, which I
something I want to encourage.

Currently we are split between common-lisp.net and sourceforge. The
webpages are hosted at SF because we get more visibility and because
it has always been there. CVS moved to common-lisp.net long ago
because of problems with Sourceforge. That was not a problem at the
time, because there were few developers and most of them do not commit
any more. But nowadays it forces people to have two accounts and for
adding and removing committers I have to contact the sysops myself,
which is not that good.

My current take is that I will set up three mirrors. CVS commits will
be done at Sourceforge. SF will then provide anonymous access and I
will replicate both the developers and anonymous trees at
common-lisp.net. This level of redundancy should be enough to
guarantee nothing breaks for too long.